Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fowl Confusion

I got this email from my mom tonight- cracked me up.

Dear Children,
 
I think I am losing it.   I ran into Kroger to get a nice big  chicken to roast for dinner tonight.  The package said
'fresh oven roaster, no added preservatives.'    I grabbed it up with some carrots and potatoes thinking
we would have a nice easy dinner.
 
Well, when I got home, I noticed that it might have kind of a turkey smell.    I looked all over the package and there
is not one word that says if it is a chicken or a turkey.   Just a picture of this brown steaming baked fowl.
And, another clue, is that it has one of those pop-up timers in it, but maybe chickens have those too.
 
I put it in a roasting pan with the carrots and potatoes, and we are having either a very large chicken for dinner
or a very small turkey, I still don't know what it is.   Crazy.
 
Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. that's funny! so what was it? I love that she starts emails to you all with 'dear children'.

    ReplyDelete